McGregor Museum Building: (Kimberley Sanatorium)
This Victorian building which now houses the McGregor Museum, was designed and erected by the architect D.W. Greatbatch in 1897 as a recuperative hotel known as the Kimberley Sanatorium.
During the Siege of Kimberley (Anglo-Boer War) it served as a base and home for Cecil John Rhodes .
In 1908 De Beers Consolidated Mines changed the name to the Belgrave Hotel and it served as a luxury hotel for many years.
Further information about the McGregor Museum is available here.